Friday 16 May 2014

Ale - stick toffee pudding flavor






 Drink name                         Drink makers             Drink type             Drink strength
Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale     Wells                        Ale                           5%

The flavor of stick toffee pudding? in an ale? surely that's more of a cider thing to do.
Wells does some nice different tastes in there range and I'm particularly fond of there banana bread beer ale.

This smells sweet, which isn't supprising, and has the sort of a lable you would expect from a drink with a toffee taste.
The drink it's self is lees pudding and more burnt toffee. It's good, don't get me wrong, but the dark ale taste is simaler to that of a chocloate stout I've sampled in the past.

Saying that. It is enjoyable and as I look over I've noticed that I'm almost half way down the bottle!
 You can't really go wrong with Wells though. they are a good brewer. .... oh, and the tiny lable under their name on the bottle says brewers since 1976! Never noticed that before.

If strong and sweet is your thing then this may just be the thing for you.


tasty rating
Good as a drink 8/10 Good as an ale 10/10
Can't put down factor 7/10
Good at getting you drunk 5/10
Bottle art 8/10
Rated = 76ish out of 100%
(whet I say good as a drink I mean refreshing or would taste good even if there was no alcohol in it. I may not think the same if the alcohol was replaced with badgers)







No comments:

Post a Comment