Tuesday 27 May 2014

Light Bitter - North East England





      Drink name                 Drink makers                 Drink type              Drink strength
      Magus                         The Durham Brewery    Bitter                      3.8%

AH-HA! A Bitter brewed  in the North East, not too far from my neck of the woods!
Plus its a beer that matures in the bottle with live sediment. exciting.
I've been looking for local brewers and micro breweries lately and was happy to  find this ones produce accidentally whilst on a bike ride threw Norton high street at a butcher/bakers called Blackwells.

The bottle's label caught my eye with it's Celtic-like cross and writing that instantly made me start humming the theme tune from Farther Ted. Like it.

This one I'm trying now is called Magus and is a light bitter.
On opening I can tell that there is a strong citrus smell to this bitter and on poring I wish I'd left it to settle more because I'm sure that it should not be as cloudy as it is! With these beers it's best to leave them standing upright (storage wise) but even then the drink will still probably be cloudyr that you expect.

The taste is incredible! Hops are the main taste hear but also wheat too and spice.  The flavor is bitter as expected and surprisingly right for it's pale color.

I'm looking forward to trying this brewery's other beverages.










tasty rating
Good as a drink 9/10 Good as a beer 10/10
Can't put down factor 9/10
Good at getting you drunk 4/10
Bottle art 9.5/10
Rated = 83ish out of 100%
North East England Bitter. Nice








No comments:

Post a Comment